Sunday, December 4, 2011

2001-02 Pacific Titanium Draft Day Box Break

I received my boxes from Atlanta Sports Cards on Friday, broke two boxes, while the other two boxes will actually be Christmas gifts.

I'll start with the Titanium draft day. Sadly I confused this box with the 2001-02 set and I was a bit disappointed with this box. Thankfully I pulled some of the better players for jerseys and hit a few rookies who are still playing.


Out of these rookies, the Scott Clemmensen one is probably my favourite. After bouncing around between the NHL and the minors for most of his career, he has finally found a place in the NHL as a reliable back-up.

After seeing the card of Jussi Markkannen, I decided to check out what happened to him. He was actually thrust into the starting role in the 2005-06 Stanley Cup Final thanks to an injury to Dwayne Roloson & Ty Conklin's major gaffe. While he showed promise early in his career, he had trouble developing consistency and returned over seas one year after appearing in the Stanley Cup Finals. He apparently seems to be out of hockey all together at this point.


I can't quite complain about player selection here as I hit some decent players, I just find the card design, well, boring. Still I had fun breaking this product. There were only two cards per pack, one jersey and one rookie card.

Up next will be the 01-02 Pacific Titanium. I did land a major hit, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment