Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pack Break #12: 2011 Topps Heritage Baseball

I managed to pick up one rack pack of 2011 Topps Heritage Baseball at Target while on vacation. Over the years I have lost interest in collecting baseball cards although I still do enjoy Topps Heritage and most Bowman products.

When I saw the checklist and product design back in February I really wanted to bust a box of this product. The last time I busted a full box of Heritage was in 2007 and since then I forgot that this can be an expensive box (around $70-$80). While that doesn't seem like much money to most, your pretty much paying all that money for a bunch of base cards.

I was looking at getting a blister pack, which contained three sealed packs or a blaster but I decided to not put a lot of money down and go with the rack pack.


Lincecum looks like he has been smoking something illegal before having his picture taken for the Strikeout Leaders card. The base design is pretty nice and they really tried to go with the old school look. I wish they had given the cards a bit more color instead of the grainy look.


My scanner cut off the "Dodger Dandies" card a bit! I like the news flash, highlight etc. cards that they put into the set. Makes it more interesting, especially for set builders who appreciate the base cards and like to look at them.


This was the best pull of the pack! My first Strasburg card. I hope this kid comes back healthy from his surgery and dominates.

That's my rack pack! Nothing exciting but still fun to break. Other then Bowman I don't see any other baseball releases that excite me in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment